What is UTAP
UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme) is a training benefit for NTUC members to defray their cost of training. This benefit is to encourage more union members to go for skills upgrading.
How much is the UTAP Grant
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP.
|Full Course Fee (exclude 7% GST)||$495.00|
|Less SkillsFuture Credit (If any)||($200.00)|
|Course Fee payable before GST||$295.00|
|UTAP Funding (50% of Unfunded Course Fee):||$147.50|
|You only need to Pay:||$147.50 + $34.65 (GST)|
List of the courses are eligible for UTAP Funding:
Click to view full course details.
- 16hrs – ICDL Online Essential (Web & Outlook)
- 16hrs – ICDL Computer Essential (Windows)
- 16hrs – ICDL Secure Use of IT (IT Security)
- 24hrs – ICDL Online collaboration (Cloud Computing & Google Apps)
- 24hrs – ICDL Image Editing (Photoshop)
- 16hrs – ICDL Perform Spreadsheet Functions (Excel Fundamentals)
- 16hrs – ICDL Perform Work Processing Function (Word Fundamentals)
- 16hrs – ICDL Perform Presentation Functions (PowerPoint Fundamentals)
- 24hrs – ICDL Perform Advanced Spreadsheet Functions (Excel Advanced)
- 24hrs – ICDL Perform Advanced Work Processing Function (Word Advanced)
- 24hrs – ICDL Perform Advanced Presentation Functions (PowerPoint Advanced)
- Effective Writing Skills
- Phonics and Phonetics for Adults
- Report Writing
- Email Writing at Workplace
- Write Minutes of Meeting
- G Suite for office Workers
- Connection, Communication and Collaboration @ Workplace
- Productivity Apps @ Workplace
- Use of Smart Mobile Devices @ Workplace
- Understand E-Commerce and Build Your Online Shop
- Website Design & Development (using Free Software)
- Mobile Apps Development and Deployment for Your Organization – Beginners
- Three Kingdoms’ Leaderships in Today’s Context
- Three Kingdoms’ Leaders & Leadership (Liu Bei and Zhuge Liang Chapter)
Who is Eligible
All NTUC members can apply for UTAP. However, the following criteria must be met to be eligible for UTAP:
- Paid-up union membership before course commenced, throughout whole course duration and at the point of claim
- Course by training provider must be supported under UTAP, and training must commence within the supported period
- Course must not be fully funded through company sponsorship or other types of funding
- Unfunded course fee must be S$20.00 and above
- You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and sat for all prescribed examination(s), if any
- UTAP application must be submitted within 6 months after course completion. Late applications will be rejected.
How to Apply
Login to the U Portal account to submit the UTAP application.
- To support your UTAP claim, you may be requested to submit a copy of your course certificate/tax invoice/receipt via email. Please ensure that you kept a copy of your supporting documents for audit checks when necessary.
- You are required to pay the FULL course fees upfront. The UTAP amount will only be reimbursed upon completion of the course after you have submitted the course details through U Portal account.