IT Clinics (PC/Laptop Maintenance)
What forms a computer system? The hardware or software? Or both? Have you always wanted to maintain your own PC or laptops but feel uncertain of how you can do so? Or perhaps you have been searching for IT Clinics (PC/Laptop Maintenance) that offer courses to gain practical knowledge on the above questions that frequently pop up in your mind?
In our 2-day ‘IT Clinics (PC/Laptop Maintenance)’ course workshop, you will participate in hands-on practical exercises and get the opportunity to dismantle and assemble a computer provided by our institute or your own computing devices. When you are dismantling or assembling the various parts of the computer system during our PC maintenance course, our trainer will be on hand to describe and explain the functions of each of these hardware to you to greatly enhance your understanding on how the hardware of computers come together to power your computing experience on your PC or laptop.
By the time you finish this course, you will be able to troubleshoot and repair hardware and software related problems of your computer with more confidence and learn how to protect your system from security threats. With the simple tips and knowledge gained in our PC and laptop maintenance course, you will no longer need to spend time and money to send your computer for repair for small issues such as absence of network connectivity, frozen computer screen images, unresponsive keyboards, PC and printers if you can effectively diagnose these problems and solve them yourself.
In our 2-days workshop, you will participate in hands-on practical exercises and get the opportunity to dismantle and assemble a computer provided by our institute or your own computing devices. Our trainer will be on hand to describe and explain the functions of each of these hardwares to you to greatly enhance your understanding on how the hardware of computers come together to power your computing experience on your PC or laptop.
You will also be able to troubleshoot hardware and software related problems of your PC with more confidence and learn how to protect your system from security threats. With the simple tips and knowledge gained in this IT Clinic for PC and Laptop maintenance, you will no longer need to waste time and money to send your computer for repair for small issues such as absence of network connectivity, frozen computer screen images, unresponsive keyboards, PC and printers if you can effectively diagnose these problems and solve them yourself.
ASK Training’s computer repair course provides you with the knowledge, skills, and resources you need to successfully build, repair, and maintain your personal computers and laptops. We will introduce you to the fundamentals of personal computers and provide you with hands-on training to allow you to have a practical learning experience in computer maintenance. In this course, you will be learning the following:
Introduction to PC Hardware
- Components of a Computer System, such as Central Processing Unit (CPU), Random Access Memory (RAM), Hard Disk Drive (HDD, Motherboard and more
- Assembling a Computer System
- Know the Parts and Components
- Putting the Parts and Components Together
- Fixing CPU and Required Devices
Introduction to PC Software
- Installing Operating System (OS) like Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Installing Additional Hardware and Software such as Security Software, Multimedia Software, Communications Software, and Utility Software
Common System Errors and Recommended Solutions
- Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) – This type of system error is indicated by a blue screen with error codes that typically means critical system error. Students will learn the different ways to troubleshoot this error including restarting the computer, updating drivers, and checking for hardware issues.
- Dynamic Link Library (DLL) Errors – Occurs when the required DLL file is corrupted, missing, or incompatible. Students will learn the different solutions to this error including programme reinstallation, driver update or reinstallation, and running the System File Checker (SFC).
- Application Compatibility Issues – Older versions of some applications may not be compatible with the newly updated operating systems or hardware configurations, leading to errors or crashes. Our instructors will teach students how to run application compatibility mode, perform application updates, and use virtualisation or emulation softwares.
- Hard Disk Errors – This type of error occurs when the physical disk or file system encounters issues. Students will be taught how to run disk error-checking tools and perform a disk health check.
- Network Connectivity Issues – As one of the most common issues most PC or laptop users experience, network connectivity issues prevent users from connecting to the Internet or local network. Our computer repair course teaches students the different methods of addressing this issue including checking physical connections, resetting the network device, and troubleshooting network settings.
Introduction to PC Security
- Security Threats such as Malware, Phishing Attacks, Password Attacks, Denial-of-Service (DoS), Data Breaches
- Tips on proper care and maintenance of personal computers and laptops
- Proper component handling
- Proper tools for personal computer and laptop repair and maintenance
- Proper ventilation and cooling
- Cleaning safety
- Installing software to enhance computer safety
- Software backups and updates
- System Restore
- Startup Repair
- Safe Mode
- Recovery Partition
- System Image Restore
- Data Recovery Software
- Hardware Replacement
- Operating System Reinstallation
Demonstration on Software Related Problems
- Classroom discussion
- Hands-on and practical training – troubleshooting, rebooting, re-installing exercises
Demonstration on Hardware Related Problems
- Classroom discussion
- Hands-on and practical training – dismantling and assembling exercises
Participants to troubleshoot their own systems (bring from home) or sample systems will be provided
IT Clinics (PC/Laptop Maintenance)
2 Days (9.00am – 5.00pm)
Course Fee Details:
S$540 (incl. of 8% GST)
SkillsFuture Credits & UTAP claimable
SDF grant entitled, $2/hr x 14hrs = $28
Eligible for Singaporeans, and PR employees
Course Code: TGS-2017500037