Course Application Terms and Agreement on SCTP and Non-SCTP Programmes
- @ASK means @ASK Training Pte Ltd
- Equinet means Equinet Academy Private Limited
- SSG – SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) promotes and provides funding to lifelong learning, quality education and training in Singapore.
- CSC – @ASK Career Service Centre (CSC) provides services in assisting Trainees to secure employment.
- SCTP – Skillsfuture Career Transition Programmes (SCTPs) refer to Train-and-Place programmes that support individuals in acquiring industry-relevant skills to improve employability on full-time, part-time or self-employed basis. A full qualification SCTP consists of multiple modules.
- Non-SCTP – Non-SCTPs refer to programmes taken by Trainees in acquiring industry-relevant skills without requiring CSC services. It can be a full qualification of non-SCTP or in some modules.
- Employer – A company which has identified an employee to sponsor for a Non-SCTP programme in either a full qualification programme or a modular course.
- Trainee – Self-sponsored or Company-sponsored individual who has successfully enrolled into the SCTP or non-SCTP programme.
- Course Confirmation Letter (CCL) indicates class confirmation and relevant course details will be reflected as in this document.
- SFC refers to SkillsFuture Credit that self-sponsored Singaporean aged above 25 can use for the eligible courses.
- PSEA refers to Post-Secondary Education Account that Singaporean aged 30 and below can use for the modules/programmes
- AFS Additional Course Fee Funding Support; for an eligible Trainee who is a Singapore Citizen in SCTP, and is long-term unemployed or is a person with disabilities, or is the recipient of financial assistance.
- TRAQOM Training Quality and Outcomes Measurement (TRAQOM) initiative consists of two perception surveys to capture trainees’ feedback on the quality and job/career impact of courses funded by SSG and courses eligible for SFC.
- Working day refers to any day with the exception of Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays.
Programme Fees, Course Fee Grants, and Payment Terms
- Course fees are subjected to GST.
- Once the applicant has been successfully accepted into the SCTP or non-SCTP programme, @ASK will apply for SSG course fee grant on the behalf of Trainee (self or company-sponsored). The SSG grant amount and nett course fee will be reflected in the Trainee Contract Annex B.
- Trainee needs to make nett course fee payment to @ASK upon receiving the @ASK reserves the right to release the seat if the Trainee fails to pay the nett course fees at least 7 working days before the course start date.
- Payment is to be made by cheque payable to “@ASK Training Pte Ltd”, via Internet banking, credit card payment, SFC or PSEA claim if applicable. Any overdue amount will incur a daily interest of 12% per annum.
- Trainees are entitled to the SSG course fee grant when he/she meets 75% of the training attendance and passes the requisite assessment of each individual module.
- If the training attendance is not met, the Trainee needs to repeat the course at a nominal fee of 20% of the full course fee. If the Trainee fails the assessment, he/she is required to retake assessment within one month without additional charges.
- If the Trainee is sponsored by the Employer (CPF contributor which includes self-employed, partnership, sole proprietor), nett course fee payment must be from the company
- AFS will be withdrawn if Trainee’s eligibility status for AFS is no longer valid at the start of a module. The Trainee will be informed and will have to top up the course fee.
Trainees will receive CCL notification via email from @ASK and Equinet at least 10 working days before the class commences. The course schedules and programme details will be reflected in the Trainee Contract Annex A.
Replacement, Rescheduling, Absenteeism or Withdrawal request by Trainee/Employer
- Rescheduling to another course date is strongly discouraged. @ASK and Equinet allow reschedule requests with a valid supporting reason eg. medical condition. Written notification is required 10 working days before the course commences. An administrative fee of SGD54 (Inclusive GST) will be charged.
- Withdrawal requests must be made 10 working days before course commence date in order for a full refund to be made, less credit card transaction fees. Please note that for withdrawal requests received less than 10 working days before the course start date, the nett course fee will be forfeited.
- Nett course fee will be forfeited for any absenteeism unless valid reason is given within 2 working days after the course commence.
Class Cancellation by @ASK
- @ASK and Equinet reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone classes with prior notice and a full refund will be provided under such circumstances.
Career Service Centre
For Trainees who are enrolled into SCTP programme with the status of “unemployed” prior to the course start date, he/she is obligated to :-
- secure employment with the area of training within six months upon completion of the programme.
- stay employed for six months either in the full-time, part-time or self-employed status.
- attend at least 3 interview sessions arranged by CSC if he/she is unable to secure employment.
- attend workshops or counselling sessions provided by CSC to improve employability rates.
- provide proof of his/her employment which may include a letter of offer, verification email/letter from the hiring company and pay slip. For a self-employed individual, he/she may include a valid UEN number, contract of service, tax invoice/receipts billed to service buyers.
For Trainees who are enrolled to SCTP programme with the status of “employed” after the course start date, he/she is obligated to show evidence of his/her placement :-
- to a different company where the job role is related to the area of training.
- to the same company but different job roles which are related to the area of training.
- to a sister company of the Trainee’s original company where the job role is related to the area of training.
- as part time doing freelance projects in the area of training. He/she needs to provide proof on contract of service or tax invoice/receipts billed to service buyers.
For a Trainee who is enrolled to a non-SCTP programme and employed/unemployed at the course start date, he/she is obligated to show he/she has applied the area of training by completing the two (2) TRAQOM surveys.
Pre-enrolment screening process
- Applicants are expected to complete a Pre-Assessment Questionnaire and upload a CV
- Applicants need to attend Zoom or face-to-face interviews to ascertain his/her learning objectives and intent of career transition.
- Applicants may need to take a pre-enrolment test to gauge his/her proficiency levels.
It is mandatory that Trainees must complete the TRAQOM quality survey upon completion of the course programme. Six months after the course, there will be another mandated TRAQOM outcome survey to be completed.
SSG Advisory Guidelines
With effect from 1st Sep 2019, public agencies in Singapore and organizations acting on their behalf are exempted from the Data Protection Provisions of the PDPA. NRIC is a necessary data field which SSG collects for proper governance of training grant disbursement.
PDPA consent to @ASK Training
You agree that @ASK may collect, use and disclose your personal data, which you have provided in this form for the purpose of course administration/funding/survey.