Constructive Conflict Management
Have you gotten into arguments with colleagues because you have different views on the same matter, different working styles and different expectations? Conflicts in the workplace are unavoidable and stem from our differing upbringing and training backgrounds. Usually, the ways in which we manage the conflicts matter more than the conflicts themselves. In our course, Constructive Conflict Management, we introduce the different types of conflicts and teach a variety of conflict management techniques to help you and your team increase your productivity.
It would be odd if there were no conflicts taking place, when differences are inherent in all teams which are necessarily made up of unique individuals. In fact, not having conflicts and preserving a sense of artificial harmony would reduce productivity when everyone does things their own way and end up having decision makers request for endless iterations of submitted work.
Conflict can be good if it is taking place constructively where all stakeholders come together to debate and resolve their differences to achieve a consensus that has collective buy-in. If everyone is able to agree on the shared values and goals of the organisation and trust the constructive conflict management process, they may even enjoy the conflict management process as they had a chance to weigh in before buying in to the final decision.
In this 2-day ‘Constructive Conflict Management’ workshop, participants will learn several strategies to cope with conflict. Knowing when and how to use these techniques can make you a more effective leader or team player.
By the end of the course, you would be able to:
- Learn about your own behavioural style
- Understand how teams become dysfunctional and relate it to the five dysfunctions of teams
- Apply strategies to manage each of the five dysfunctions, essential to build an engaging and productive, cohesive team
- Identify the reframing of blame and use a 3 step process to enable a better productive behaviour
- Apply a structured constructive approach to address common workplace scenarios
Types of Conflicts
- Inner, Interpersonal & Group conflict
- Open Conflict vs. Hidden Conflict
Dealing with Conflict
- Strategies for Dealing with Conflict
- Win as Much as You Can
Understanding the self and conflict formation process
- Spontaneous & Reflective Action
- Johari Window
- The Five Stages of Conflict, Conflict Process & Conflict Outcomes
Conflict Resolution Strategies
- Conflict Resolution Style – Interpretation, Pros and Cons
- The Role of Communication in Conflict Resolution
- Active Listening and Paraphrasing
- Powerful Question & Body Language
- Seven Steps to Ironing Things Out
- The Conflict/Opportunity Test
- Conflict and its Resolution – Visualizing Conflict & Strategy for Conflict Resolution
- Facilitating Conflict – Venting Emotions & Resolving the Issue
- Setting Norms & Making Interventions
Constructive Conflict Management
2 Days (9.00am – 5.00pm)
Course Fee Details:
S$1188 (incl. of 8% GST)
This course is not eligible for SDF Grant.
|Course Name||Course Code||Venue||September 2023||October 2023||November 2023||December 2023|
|Constructive Conflict Management||ASKCCM||-||-||-||-||-|
Nett Course Fee