Write Minutes of Meeting
Write Minutes of Meeting – Most of us may be asked to take minutes of meeting. This task is no longer reserved for secretaries or personal assistants only. Any person who attends a meeting may be asked to do so. As minutes provide an official record of what has taken place during the meeting, you must be very accurate and clear.
Meeting minutes are the most important part of any meeting. It doesn’t matter if we’re talking about a simple team meeting, a committee meeting, a task-force meeting, or even a board meeting. Minutes are used to record decisions and action items. In addition, they lay out the next steps for follow up.
So you could say they have three separate functions:
- To make sense of meetings and remind meeting participants of what was decided.
- Share meeting information with people who didn’t attend.
- Record meeting information for future reference.
This course addresses some of the challenges that minute-takers face when taking minutes and writing them. Very often minute-takers want to know how much to take down during a meeting and how to write them correctly. In addition, they want to know why a meeting is conducted in a certain manner.
By the end of the course, you would be able to:
- Have an overall understanding of how meetings are conducted
- Use the correct techniques for taking and summarising notes of meetings.
- Write notes of discussions and minutes of meetings confidently and professionally