Course Objective – Work Life Balance
Employers considered work-life balance mainly an issue for working mothers who struggled with the demands of their jobs and raising children. In recognizing the value and needs of the women contributors, government agency & organizations began to change their internal workplace policies, procedures, and benefits. The changes include extended maternity leave, employee assistance programs (EAPs), flexi-time and home-based work.
However, this subject was seen as more than just a women’s issue. It is affecting men, families, organizations and cultures. The 21st century solidified the recognition of work-life balance as a vital issue for everyone–women, men, parents and non-parents, singles, and couples.
By the end of the course, you would be able to:
- Describe the Big Picture and understand how they are connected.
- Understand the fundamental concepts of the four quadrant and the 5 Steps to Better Work-Life Balance.
- Work-Life Balance Defined. What it means, What it doesn’t mean
- Understand Goal Step – Way of Life GOAL, Relationship Step, Commitment Step, Focus Step and Project Step.
- Application of TAP, WIN, A.M/P.M & PATH concepts to improve individual work-life harmony.
- Understand Time Management Concepts.