Effective Supervisory Skills for Management
Supervision of a team is no easy task, especially for people new to the role. Behind every effective team, the supervisor is always the backbone. However, in order to be an effective supervisor, it requires strong supervisory skills. Despite so, there are many people who do not realise how important it is to develop these skills before taking up a supervisory role. In this course, Effective Supervisory Skills for Management, we will dive in into the common problems faced by supervisors and effective solutions to overcome these issues.
Within this 2-day workshop, participants will be able to learn skills used by top supervisors to effectively manage their teams and understand how to develop strong relationships with your employees and peers.
Course Objective – Effective Supervisory Skills for Management
By the end of the course, you would be able to:
- Clarify the roles and responsibilities of the new job and adjust to the new role with confidence.
- Develop your skills in listening, asking questions, resolving conflict, and giving feedback to employees.
- Develop a technique for making sure you give employees instructions that are clear and understandable.
- Develop our understanding of where the generation gap issue surfaces, and the impact it has on the modern workforce.
- Understand and apply language that is specific to each generation currently in the workplace.
- Identify some techniques to deal with employee challenges, such as hostility, complaints, and laziness.
- Understand the importance of developing good relationships with employees and peers, so you are seen as fair and consistent.
Alongside this course, ASK Training also offers the course Working Relationships with Multi-Generational People, which goes in depth on how to cultivate relationships with people of different generations.