Constructive Conflict Management
Do you often feel frustrated at your colleagues? Conflicts in the workplace are unavoidable. Often times, it is not about the conflict, but about how we manage the conflicts which arise. In our new course, Constructive Conflict Management, we introduce the different types of conflicts and teach a variety of conflict management techniques to help you and your team increase your productivity.
As you already know, resolving conflict is no easy task. It requires a large emphasis on the shared goals of the organisation. It is only when the team develops an understanding and trust in one another, that they are able to resolve conflicts efficiently.
Within this 2-day workshop, participants will learn several strategies to cope with conflict. Knowing when and how to use these techniques can make you a more effective leader or team player.
Course Objective – Constructive Conflict Management
By the end of the course, you would be able to:
- Learn about your own behavioural style
- Understand how teams become dysfunctional and relate it to the five dysfunctions of teams
- Apply strategies to manage each of the five dysfunctions which is essential to build an engaging and productive, cohesive team
- Identify the reframing of blame and use a 3-step process to enable a better productive behaviour
- Apply a structured constructive approach to address common workplace scenarios
Alongside this course, ASK Training also offers the course Managing Dysfunctional Teams, which goes in depth how to manage dysfunctions in teams alongside conflicts.