The teamwork in a team is what makes it so powerful. Teams are made up of unique individuals with unique skills and talents, each member of the team has their ideas about how best to achieve the team’s goals. This makes it imperative for each individual to be heard and for the team to work through conflicts. The successful performance of an organisation relies on the ability of its teams to work well together. When members have strong relationships and are clear about their goals, they can achieve optimal success.
Team coaching is a highly effective tool in enhancing team performance. It aims to develop the team’s capacity and work together towards common goals while building trust and accountability. It involves the active participation of all the members of the team and a coach who is versed in the art and science of helping teams work together for optimum results. It addresses many complex issues that arise when multiple individuals work together toward a common goal. Team coaching helps develop a shared understanding of how each individual contributes to the team’s effectiveness.
Benefits of Team Coaching
- Create an environment where everyone feels safe and accepted, regardless of differences in personality, background or experience.
- Build a shared vision for the future that can be used as a reference point for decisions.
- Identify common ground for making difficult decisions, such as choosing between possible solutions or creating an action plan for implementation.
- Create processes for reflection and continuous improvement that don’t rely on a high-performing team member taking it upon himself/herself to facilitate positive change.
In short, Team Coaching helps teams align around a common purpose with clearly defined roles, be accountable for behaviour and outcomes, and make constructive decisions in line with the team and organisational goals.
Who Is It For
- New and seasoned teams
- Project teams
- Leadership teams
Team Coaching Program
Although we have a proven team development methodology that targets several team performance factors, our approach starts with observation and understanding and not a prescription. We work with you to create a bespoke team coaching programme delivered by a team of coaches with extensive experience and skills. We can provide in both Mandarin and English, depending on your requirements.
A typical Team Coaching Program is conducted for three months to one year and would include:
- Team assessment – A 360 feedback from all team members to determine the strengths and weaknesses of the team. This feedback report provides data points for team discussion and action plans.
- Team coaching sessions – Team coaching sessions led by a dedicated team coach to facilitate positive change.
- Team leader coaching – A leadership coach coaches the team leader to help him/her improve as a team leader and individual.
- Individual team member coaching – Individual members may opt for one-on-one coaching to address specific challenges affecting their work.
- Team goals and development plan – The team develops goals during the program. The coach helps facilitate this process and creates an actionable development plan for each individual on the team.
- Workshops/webinars – The team members may attend workshops and webinars to strengthen mindset and skillset.
Team Coaching sessions are conducted weekly, bi-weekly or monthly either in person, virtually or both.