Three Kingdoms’ Leaders & Leadership (Sun Quan Chapter)
The Three Kingdoms period (220-280 AD) was one of the bloodiest chapters in Chinese history, characterized by chaotic infighting between warlords who took great pains to outwit each other for land and sovereignty of China.
The Three Kingdoms (曹魏 Wei, 蜀汉 Shu and 东吴 Wu) era was ultimately an epic battle of wits and supreme leadership skills.
Within this 1-day seminar, participants will approach the concept of leadership from valuable insights gained from Sun Quan’s (孙权) leadership style. As a young but wise leader, the management skills he employed during his reign showed maturity beyond his years and are still relevant in today’s context.
Seminar Objective: Three Kingdoms’ Leaders and Leadership (Sun Quan Chapter)
- Identify the leadership style of Sun Quan
- Compare and contrast Sun Quan’s leadership vs modern leadership styles
- Recognise the different between the Romance of the Three Kingdoms (三国演义) vs Records of the Three Kingdoms (三国志)
- Recount key moments in history pertaining to the brilliance of Sun Quan
– The Battle of Yiling/Xiaoting (夷陵之战，又称猇亭之战)
– Sun Quan 孙权 vs Sun Ce 孙策
- Analyse the role that a leader plays as a core member of the management team
- Recognise the importance of Delegation, i.e. appointing the right people to the right job
- Realise the importance of Succession Planning for business continuity
Alongside this seminar, participants may also consider taking the Three Kingdoms’ Leadership in Today’s Context and Applying Three Kingdoms’ Strategies to Your Organisation to further build on their Three Kingdoms’ knowledge and understand the leadership styles of other great leaders.