Managing Dysfunctional Teams
At the workplace, there will never be a team which is fully functional. Dysfunctional teams are difficult to handle and pose a problem to both the individual and the company. However, everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses. By playing to the strengths of every individual, a team is able to become much more productive and cohesive. In our course, Managing Dysfunctional Teams, we will guide you through how to effectively manage a dysfunctional team and help you increase your team’s productivity.
Within this 1-day workshop, participants will learn about the different types of dysfunction present within teams and learn strategies to effectively manage dysfunctional teams.
Course Objective – Managing Dysfunctional Teams
By the end of the course, you would be able to:
- Learn about your own behavioural style
- Understand how teams become dysfunctional and relate it to the five dysfunctions of teams
- Apply strategies to manage each of the five dysfunctions, essential to build an engaging and productive, cohesive team
- Identify the reframing of blame and use a 3 step process to enable a better productive behaviour
- Apply a structured constructive approach to address common workplace scenarios
Alongside this course, ASK Training also offers the course Constructive Conflict Management, which goes in depth how to manage conflicts alongside dysfunction.