This course focuses on essential concepts and skills relating to the fundamentals of digital marketing. This includes creating a web presence, optimizing content for search engines, using social media platforms, carrying out online marketing and advertising across a range of services, as well as monitoring and improving campaigns with the help of analytics tools.
Course Dates and Venue
Course Duration: 2 days (16 hours) 9am – 6pm
Course Venue Feb-20 Mar-20 Apr-20 May-20 Jun-20 16hrs - ICDL Introduction to Digital Marketing
03-04 23-24 16-17 05-06 25-26
13-14 - 29-30 - 15-16September 2015 S M T W T F S3031123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930123
Digital Marketing Concepts
- Key Concepts
- Define key Digital Marketing elements such as SEO, SEM, Content Marketing, EDM and Social Media Marketing
- Recognize the pros and cons of digital marketing and regulatory obligations of digital marketing in Singapore
- Recognize key elements involved in Digital Marketing strategies for development of digital marketing plans
- Recognize the types of content, such as infographics, memes and videos, used to drive traffic
- Discuss how digital marketing is aligned to business goals
- Select appropriate target audience and platforms to execute strategy
- Web Presence Options
- Differentiate between various web presence solutions such as information websites, blogs, e-commerce websites, mobile sites etc
- Discuss the key steps involved in establishing your web presence: purchasing a domain name, registering domain name with a web hosting service, website building and promotion
- Website Considerations
- Describe the functions of the main landing pages of a website, i.e. home page with product/service information, Contact Us page, sitemap & etc.
- Understand website design terms such as user interface (UI), user Experience (UX), responsive design, browsing capabilities to manage website functionality
- Recognize good practices for website content creation and website promotion
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Understand the rationale behind the selection of keywords when optimizing content in your website and how it can affect the website’s ranking on Google search
Social Media Setup
- Social Media Platforms
- Understand social media marketing campaign elements such as choosing appropriate platforms and creating bespoke content for targeted audiences, tracking and evaluating campaign effectiveness
- Social Media Accounts
- Differentiate profiles for personal, business, groups or event purposes.
- Understand Social media actions like post, tag, hashtag, comment etc.
- Create, edit, delete a post on news, create events and polls
Social Media Management
- Understand Social Media Management Services
- Leverage on social media platforms to manage large volumes of social media activity
- Marketing and Promotion Activities
- Understand the term Influencers, target audience, video marketing, review, referral, viral and URL shortener
- Engagement, Lead Generation and Sales
- Identify good practices such as setting up notifications on a social media profile to engage your audiences on social media
- Understand the terms that can be used to generate increased traffic and leads
Online Marketing and Advertising
- Online Advertising
- Identify common examples of search engine marketing platforms such as Google AdWords
- Differentiate between the different types of online advertisements
- Recognize the importance of sponsored posts in increasing the interaction and engagement on social media
- E-mail Marketing
- Manage email marketing accounts, schedule and create campaigns
- Mobile Marketing
- Recognize that mobile marketing can increase access to more customers in a targeted manner, i.e. location based
- Discuss how mobile marketing considerations, such as tailoring keywords, can lead to increase in sales generation
- Getting Started
- Understand the term analytics, the importance of using analytics tools and setting up analytics reports to measure performances of digital marketing campaigns
- Web Analytics
- Understand what web traffic is and what constitutes quality web traffic through terms such as unique visitors, impressions, clicks, bounce rate, conversion rate, click through rate etc.
- Social Media Insights
- Understand how social media insights can help you measure the effectiveness of your marketing activities in generating sales on your selected social media platforms
- Understand social media insights terms such as engagement, reach, mentions, trends, inbound links etc.
- E-mail Marketing and Online Advertising Analytics
- Understand common email analytics terms such as pen rate, click rate, bounce rate, total subscribers etc.
- Understand common online advertising terms such as pay per click, cost per thousands, cost per conversion etc.
- Key Concepts
This course provides a strong foundation for individuals who have a keen interest in embarking on a career or business-related to digital marketing. It is suitable for business owners, property & insurance agents, freelancers, self-employed and job seekers.
Apply Online - ICDL
16hrs – ICDL Introduction to Digital Marketing (CRS-Q-0039787-RET)
All registration should be submitted at least 1 week before course commencement. Please call us directly to check on the class status.