Course Objective – Critical Thinking for Division 2 & 3 Officers
Problems in the workplace is inevitable. In today’s society, we are often overwhelmed by the number of choices and information available to us. This poses a problem for us as we do not know how to effectively tackle problems which may occur in the workplace. In our course, Critical Thinking for Division 2 & 3 Officers, we will help to improve your critical thinking skills so that you will be able to clearly reason through your problems and present your arguments in a logical, compelling way.
Critical thinking skills are essential in the modern workplace. Employees are expected to solve the problems they encounter on their own and employees who are able to are much more valued more others. Hence, we must do our part in improving our critical thinking.
Within this 1-day workshop, participants will learn how to identify their own critical thinking style(s), the critical thinking process, as well as develop their skillset. They will also gain hands-on experience and practical tools to be able to effectively solve problems in the workplace.
Course Objectives – Critical Thinking for Division 2 & 3 Officers
By the end of the course, you would be able to:
- Define critical and non-critical thinking
- Identify your critical thinking style(s), including areas of strength and improvement
- Describe other thinking styles, including left/right brain thinking and whole-brain thinking
- Work through the critical thinking process to build or analyse arguments
- Develop and evaluate explanations
- Improve key critical thinking skills, including active listening and questioning
- Use analytical thought systems and creative thinking techniques
- Prepare and present powerful arguments
Alongside this course, participants can also consider taking up the course Be Kiasu, Be Creative and Effective in Problem Solving to further develop their problem solving skills.