Course Objective – 24hrs – ICDL Online Collaboration (Cloud Computing & Google Apps)
24hrs – ICDL Online Collaboration (Cloud Computing & Google Apps) course is suitable for those who are new to Google Suit. What is Google Suit? It is a suite of cloud computing, productivity and collaboration tools, software and products developed by Google Cloud which was first launched on 2006 as Google Apps.
To be exact, Google suite comprises of Gmail for emailing, Google Drive for storage, Hangouts for communication (messaging services), Calendars for appointments and events, Docs for word processing, Sheets for calculations, Slides for presentations, Forms for survey application to collate data and many others. It is generally free tools unless you need to go in-depth for more features. In short, this 3 days introductory course allows you to learn how to get connected using the services and improve your productivity in the same platform.
In the 3 days course, you will get to learn:
- Understand the key concepts relating to online collaboration and cloud computing
- Set up accounts to prepare for online collaboration
- Use online storage and web-based productivity applications to collaborate
- Use online and mobile calendars to manage and plan activities
- Collaborate and interact using social networks, blogs, and wikis
- Schedule and host online meetings and use online learning environments
- Understand key mobile technology concepts and use features such as e-mail, applications, and synchronisation
Upon completion of this course, you may attend ICDL – Secure Use of IT (IT Security).