24hrs – ICDL Online Collaboration (Cloud Computing & Google Apps)
24hrs – ICDL Online Collaboration (Cloud Computing & Google Apps) course is a course created for individuals who are new to Google Suite. So what is Google Suite? It is an array of cloud computing, productivity and collaboration tools, software and products developed by Google Cloud that was first launched in 2006 as Google Apps.
Google Suite comprises of a wide array of online applications such as Gmail for emailing, Google Drive for storage, Hangouts for communication (messaging services), Calendars for appointments and events, Docs for word processing, Sheets for calculations, Slides for presentations, Forms for survey application to collate data etc. The tools are generally free, unless you require more advanced features.
In this ’24hrs – ICDL Online Collaboration (Cloud Computing & Google Apps)’ introductory course, you will learn how to get connected using the features and functions offered by G Suite’s comprehensive array of software for all your collaborative needs to vastly improve your productivity at the workplace or whilst planning for your life pursuits.
Course Objectives – 24hrs – ICDL Online Collaboration (Cloud Computing & Google Apps)
At the end of the 3-days course, you will be able to:
- Set up accounts to prepare for your online collaboration
- Use online storage and web-based productivity applications to collaborate
- Use online and mobile calendars to manage and plan activities
- Collaborate and interact using social networks, blogs, and wikis
- Schedule and host online meetings and use online learning environments
- Understand key mobile technology concepts and use features such as e-mail, applications, and synchronization on your mobile devices
Participants can consider attending the ICDL – Secure Use of IT (IT Security) upon completion of this course to get a better appreciation of how to collaborate safely in an online environment.