Course Objective – Supervisory Skills for a New Era
This two-day course, Supervisory Skills for a New Era, is designed to help you overcome many of the supervisory problems you will encounter in your first few weeks as a boss, whether you are a team leader, a project manager, or a unit coordinator. Dealing with the many problems a new supervisor encounters isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to lead to discouragement.
By the end of the course, you would be able to:
- Clarify roles and responsibilities of the new job.
- Adjust to the new role with confidence and an assurance you can handle the position.
- Develop your skills in listening, asking questions, resolving conflict, and giving feedback to employees.
- Develop a technique for making sure you give employees instructions that are clear and understood.
- Identify some techniques to deal with employee challenges, such as hostility, complaints, and laziness.
- Understand the importance of developing good relationships with employees and peers, so you are seen as fair and consistent.
Supervisory role would be a lot easier if you understand how to cultivate relationships at work. Working Relationships with Multi-Generational People